Keto Buttery Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
Is this real life? Can we really indulge while eating low carb?
The keto diet/ lifestyle is by no means an easy one, especially those that have a love/ hate relationship with sugar and high carb breads/pastas. Keto has been said to lower risks of Type 2 Diabetes , Heart Disease, and obesity due to its low carb , high fight and medium protein diet.
Luckily, there is an alternative to almost anything you want on the keto diet. With some creativity and a change up of ingredients, you can actually fully enjoy yourself without feeling guilty and keeping on your health and keto goals.
While I cannot claim that I have gone fully keto, I wanted to share this yummy chocolate chip cookie recipe that is Keto friendly. Most of the ingredients can be found on Amazon , so you can skip a trip to the grocery store, and most of the other ingredients are most likely in your pantry anyways. No hassle.
Interested in learning more about the Keto Diet? Check out this helpful beginners guide to Keto here
Recipe for Keto Chocolate Chip Buttery Almond Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup Truvia Sweetener
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons Almond Extract
- 3 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 9 ounce bag of dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Add softened butter and trivia sweetener and mix
- Add 2 eggs and almond extract and mix until combine
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl
- Ade all ingredients together until all combined
- Add in the chocolate chips and combine and food in all together
- Scoop 10-12 cookies onto lined baking sheet .
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until finished. I check by poking the cookies with a toothpick or knife . Once it comes out clean it is ready.
- Let the cookies cool for 30 -45 minutes
It is recommended to store in an air tight container. You don’t have to put them in the fridge, and they stay nice and chewy for a while.
Comment and let me know what you think ! If you try the recipe yourself, be sure to post and tag me at @the.wandering.maven to get reposted ♥️